Image Map

Saturday, January 26, 2013

A longing to talk...

Sometimes while struggling with infertility you just want to talk to someone, anyone who might care, about it. A lot of times you don’t know how to ask for help or how did you bring up, “Hey, I’m having a hard time getting pregnant and I really need to talk to someone!”

I remember one day years ago I was having a HORRIBLE day. As I laid in my crying, I begged to talked to someone. I didn’t know who to turn to. About a week later my visiting teacher came up to me and told me, “You know, about a week ago I kept getting this feeling that I should call you. I figured, you’re fine!” and walked away. Do you know how much my heart broke, knowing that someone was prompted to call me and didn’t?

A few years later I had something similar happen. I was eating lunch with a friend and she told me, “Did you know ‘Heather’ is struggling with infertility?” No, I had no idea. My friend continued, “Yeah, I visit teach her and last time we were over there I saw fertility pills on her counter. I didn’t say anything because I figured it’s personal.” I don’t know about anyone else, but unless I wanted someone to notice I would never leave those out where someone else might see. I told my friend maybe ‘Heather’ did want to talk about it, because she had left the pills out where her visiting teachers might see.

You never know who is struggling, who is hurting so listening to those promptings and little clues that someone needs a shoulder to cry on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it really is a beautiful thing that you are able to do for others. I too suffered from infertility, and trying to take a baby through surrogacy.
Surrogacy in uttar pradesh

Unknown said...

I understand this completely! I talk to anyone and everyone about infertility that I can, especially if I find out someone has been struggling. I know how it feels to be alone and (especially being an extravert) I don't want anyone else to have to feel that way. My husband and I are currently going through the process to adopt through foster care. I'm so glad I found your blog!