Image Map

Friday, April 29, 2011

In the works, or so we think!

I made Brad call the attorney’s office because I was too annoyed to deal with them again on the birth certificate matter! Because of the weekend and Brad’s work schedule we finally got around to calling them yesterday.

The secretary that we always deal with wasn’t there. Brad tried to explain it to the other person, who said the secretary would call us back that day. I’ve been dealing with their office for 10 months now and one thing I’ve learned (among many other things) they NEVER call back. Well, I think 2 or 3 times out of 20 they have. We never heard back yesterday.

I had Brad call again today. He said he could tell the secretary knew we were mad! Yeah, who wouldn’t be! She said everything got sent in yesterday! My response, “Yesterday? Why not 6 MONTHS ago!?” Okay, we only finalized 5 ½ months ago, but still! Ahhhh. I told Brad, I’m kind of glad we didn’t adopt the baby because I would not be thrilled about having to deal with this office for yet another adoption! When the next one comes around, I’m finding someone else! Now, other then this, they were great!

-Not sure if anyone cares about what's going on with Sam, but I am anxiously awaiting a response to my letter. Last I heard from her was 3 weeks ago. She said she was moving to the state prison any day, so I opted to wait before writing her again so I wouldn't sent it here in town and she was up North. 2 weeks later I found out she was still in town so I wrote her. That same day she was transferred! She wrote her mom and told her mom to tell me to write her! What? So she couldn't write me herself? Her mom said she thinks I hate her. I don't hate her, in fact I still love her very much.

4 comments:

Not Kim said...

Please be careful what you post online! You are giving adoptive parents a bad name by saying stuff like this, even if it is true. Sometimes it's better to keep things to yourself.

From, another adoptive mother

Unknown said...

I don't know you, but writing that you would use a gun against your child's birth parent is highly inappropriate. I hope you realize how many adoption professionals and judges read your blog. I would be more careful if I were you. There is a lot of anti-adoption people out there who will use you as an example of why adoption should no longer be practiced.

Unknown said...

I don't know you, but writing that you would use a gun against your child's birth parent is highly inappropriate. I hope you realize how many adoption professionals and judges read your blog. I would be more careful if I were you. There is a lot of anti-adoption people out there who will use you as an example of why adoption should no longer be practiced.

Jessalynn Speight said...

no one gave you grief about bein a BAD adoptive mom. we just wanted to point out that what is bad is publicly trashing your childs birthparents. whether you like it or not they are how you got your child. you should do everything you can to make sure she is put into a positive light. that is YOUR JOB so your child does not grow up hating where she came from... i have no doubt you are wonderful mother. i just think you need to be careful what you write publicly about THE ANGEL who gave you your child. bad behavior or not.