Image Map

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Facebook (or MySpace) Friends

I’ve mentioned it a few times before about Sam and I’s Facebook friendship. After all the chaos, I started Emma’s own Facebook account. It’s strictly about Emma, no info about us, not our last name, no links to our blogs, just statues about what Emma’s up to and pictures of her.

So how does one decide to be Facebook friends with their children’s birth families? My motivation was to keep contact with Sam. She is transient and having a physical address would only be useful for a month or so. Same with having a cell phone number, she just uses her friends. She doesn’t always have internet where she’s staying, but she will eventually get my messages and can see pictures of Em at her leisure.

We decided to become Facebook (and Myspace) friends at our final visit. So it was pretty much right away.

No comments: