Image Map

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Birth Parents dealing with Foster Care

The other day my friend sent me a text saying I HAD to read this blog. I asked her what it was about. She told me it is about a mom who's kids were taken by the state because the baby's dad was severely physically abusing him.

It's really interesting reading it from the birth parent's point of view. (Check it out here)


Speaking of Birth Parents, I got a letter from Sam today. It's another new step in our relationship. Brad and I have talked about it and have had 6 months that we've now been working on our open adoption with Samantha. So I took a leap and wrote her knowing now she has our address. We are planning on having her over to our house once she is out of jail too. I was so excited to get a letter from her. She said she should be out before Christmas and her court date is next Tuesday. I laughed as she told me how the baby's doing. She said he likes to flip flop and kicks like a mad man! Oh I can't wait to meet this boy!

No comments: