Image Map

Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Drama cont's....

Oh boy, I am confused! The other day I went through my blog and deleted all posts that had "baby" mentioned in them. I thought twice about it. I had some deeply emotional (and long) detailed posts. No, I had to delete them and move on.

This morning I got up bright and early and went to visit S in jail! Now, this too was a first for me. I didn't know what to say, what to expect or how things were going to go. I was convinced, 95% sure she was lying! I got to the jail before time to start visits. They made a copy of my ID, crossed her name off the list and then let me in. Just beyond the doors I went through the medal detector, 15 feet beyond that was the visiting room. Just like you see on tv, a small room 3 feet wide and about 15 feet long, a wall of glass of sorts and 3 phones. I went to the far left and waited for S to come in. She wasn't expecting to see me.

I don't remember where we started the conversation, but at one point I asked her about the pregnancy. She said it was good. I told her that her mom, Kay*, and friend, Dee*, were both telling me she was lying. She told me, "Why would I lie about that? I have nothing to gain. I don't even want to be pregnant! I wouldn't risk losing Emma over lying about being pregnant!" I told her how things just didn't add up. She told me that she doesn't want her family to know she's pregnant because they are still mad at her for "giving up" Emma. Okay, I totally understand that.

I told her that her mom told me that she was in the hospital and Kay had bought her tampons. She told me she hasn't seen her mom in a long time and she was never in the hospital. She also explained that her friend Dee that I asked, was her friend's friend and she didn't know Dee very well.

I still don't know what to think. She has said that the jail did a pregnancy test, they are giving her vitamins, an extra mat to sleep on and a little bit more food. She told me she's more then happy to 'prove' to me she's pregnant once she's out of jail. The bad news, we don't know if or when she'll be out. She might in through the entire pregnancy (if there is one).

As I was leaving I asked the cop if I could find out if their records said anything about her being pregnant or not, of course his response, "It's confidential!" I guess it's all just wait and see. It's not like she's showing yet. She's big boned so it might be a while since she's only 3 1/2 months anyways!

No comments: