Image Map

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Birth Mom Gift

Because we are adopting through foster care, I never in a million years thought I would have the opportunity to be doing birth parent gifts! But, here I am and SO excited about it. I'm so thrilled about how this adoption has come about. I'm so happy for our daughter who will get to be raised knowing her mom did this because she loved her!

Right after our birth mom told me that she was going to terminate her parental right and wanted us to adopt "Emma" I started thinking of what to do for a birth parent gift.
I really like this idea!
(oh and before I get started, we are pretty sure we are going to be naming our little girl Emma S......., but we also don't want to hurt our birth mom by changing her name, so it is still up in the air.)

So I wondered around Wal-Mart trying to think of an idea, but could not think of anything besides a quilt. So I got the material and started putting our birth mom's together.

I still haven't finished and have not even started with Emma's, I figured birth mom's was more important to finish first. I love the material, in fact I had a baby blanket with this pattern on it too! Now I'm trying to come up with a cute poem for it, any help???

I've also made our birth mom a CD of all the pictures I've taken of Emma in the
2+ months we've had her.

The same night we found out we would be adopting Emma I stamped her foot on the back of a Thank You card for our birth mom. I still haven't written in it, in fact I have NO idea what to say!

I'm also working on a CD of music, which I think I am most excited about. So far I have:
My Wish by Rascal Flatts
The Day Before You by Rascal Flatts
From God's Arms to My Arms To Yours by Michael McLean
The Gift We Could Not Give Each Other by Michael McLean
Never Alone by Jim Brickman
A Heartbeat Away by Jenny Jordan
I Loved Her First by Heartland
One More Day With You by Diamond Rio
Everything to Me by Mark Schultz


And yes I have bawled my eyes out with every song!

2 comments:

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

I love that it's a pattern that you had as a child! Your birth mom will love it!

Sharon said...

We are doing matching quilts for our birthmom and our little girl as well. I loved the idea when I saw it on Brittany's blog. I love that you're doing one similar to one you had as a little girl. That makes it extra special!