Image Map

Thursday, April 7, 2011

1 year ago today!

1 year, it's been 1 year since Emma has been in our home! I can't believe how much she has changed and how things turned out. You never know when you get that call about a foster child. Will you have it a week, a month, 3 months, or forever?

The first time I ever saw her was when our CPS worker brought her into our house, she was asleep in her car seat. I was baby-sitting and my friend came over to help me get adjusted to the new baby. We all stood around just looking at her until she woke up. I took her out, she smelled like drugs (which I just recently found out Sam was using back then, but denied it at the time). The kids's I was watching mom got there to pick them up. The kids wanted to hold her, we passed her around. After the kids left my friend and I decided to give her a bath. I'll never forget the look on Brad's face the first time he saw her, then asked to hold her! We went to a pizza place for dinner, she slept though most of it. We went to the same place to eat to celebrate her court finalization!

No comments: