Female infertility is a condition as old as humankind. Herbs offer a natural option for home remedies to treat it. Herbal fertility treatment are gentle and non-invasive. Read on to learn how choose herbs for female infertility treatments.
- Regulate reproductive hormones with chasteberry. This herb activates the production of progesterone, estrogen and testosterone, which are all necessary to conception.
- Stimulate the ovaries with Black cohosh . Black cohosh is widely used for feminine problems. It has properties that are similar to estrogen and may assist in the stimulation of the ovaries.
- Use evening primrose oil. Evening primrose oil enhances the quality and quantity of cervical mucous, one of the popular determinators of ovulation.
- Normalize hormonal levels with maca. This herb regulates womens' hormones and therefore is used as a remedy for infertility. Maca specifically increases the production of lutenizing hormone, which causes ovulation.
- Take dong quai. Also called the "female ginseng," this herb is used for many gynecological problems. It is said to prepare to the uterus for conception.
Keep in mind that herbs can be so powerful in regulating hormones that it is wise to consult a doctor or an expert in herbal medicine before taking herbs that promote fertility.