Image Map

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Foster Care Friday

I just realized that it was a little over 2 years ago that Madison and Isaac left. Yes, at times I miss Madison, but there is so much behind the story. Wow, over 2 years of no kids. It's been over 3 months since we got re-certified for foster care again.

Today my husband ran into our first foster son Ben's his older sister's parents that adopted her through foster care. They told him Ben's adoptive parents got divorced. I tried to e-mail his mom a few months ago and she had changed her e-mail address. It's also been 2 years since we've got an e-mail and pictures from her. Wow, I kinda sound like a birth mom here.

The story that still gets me fired up-
We got M & I 3 months after Ben left. One day at the store we ran into someone that knew Issac's previous foster mom. They lived in a very small town and also knew Ben's birth mom. One day Ben's birth mom told her that his dad, the one on his birth certificate and the one who claimed to be his dad was in fact NOT. Now why does that matter you wonder? Because I had to hand over little Ben over to his "dads" daughter. So if his dad wasn't really his dad, then he was NOT related to that sister and she had NO legal right to him!

I called the case worker the next morning and she was rather rude about the whole thing.
"Yes, I've heard that rumor too. But he looks exactly like his sister's kids. There's nothing I can do! What do you want me to do? Do you expect me to go and give you that baby back?"
Since the dad doesn't deny Ben is his, there really was nothing that can be done.

Madison and Isaac were adopted by their mom's cousin. We haven't heard a single thing from them since they left, but that's okay. We were really attached and heartbroken when Ben left. Don't think I'm heartless about Madison and Isaac, it's just a LONG story behind it!

No comments: