Image Map

Monday, October 26, 2009

Chills

Sarah- thanks for your comment on my previous post. That just reminded me that I really miss all the attention and gifts that came with having foster kids! No, it's not about the money, but for once we mattered in the family!

The past few weeks in church (I'm LDS) we've been practicing for our Primary Program. I teach the 4 turning 5 year olds. I was called to teach them, well I don't remember when, I wanna say Feb./ March-ish. They hadn't had a steady teacher and 2 of the 3 (I now have 4) would always cry when coming to class. I can be really shy and reserved around new people, but this calling has really opened me up. One boy in particular "T" would always sit on my lap when his mom left, I would calm him down and then set him in a chair. Last week while practicing for the program T did not want to go read his part. I asked if he would go up there if I went with him, he said yes. So during both practices I went up with him and helped him with his part. Today was the program... C had missed all the practices and was in tears just being on the stage. It was time for his part and he did not want to go. I asked him if he would go up there if I went with him and he wouldn't. As he came back up to sit by me I got chills. I don't know why exactly, but I did. The love I have developed with this little kids is so amazing. I have to admit I was hesitant about it, but I enjoy it so much even when it's a bad week like today! T would only read his part if I helped him, I felt important to a kid for once!

It's been a rough baby week, it really feels like everyone else in the world has been announcing their pregnancies this week!

If you knew me 6 years ago then you would be floored that I blog about things so openly. I used to be so extremely closed up. Now I love to just say what's on my mind and if I piss you off, well, too bad!

I've been wanting to do this for days just to see exactly how my friends stats are broken down-
I have friends that are ... (this is just my FB friends!)

Newlywed-
39

Single-
164

too old/ done having kids-
73

have gotten pregnant or had a baby this past year-
50

had a baby past 2 years-
35

Married and have NOT popped out a kid in the past few years-
10

TTC/ TTAdopt-
2

Have adopted-
5

Infertility Miracles!-
5

No comments: