Image Map

Friday, December 31, 2010

I'm not gonna lie...

After the lies that Sam's mom, Kay, has told me I sometimes fear that Sam is lying about things too. It's nothing personal. But you know how it is when someone lies to you once, you fear they are lying again in the future.

As Sam and I were talking she told me, "I'm not going to lie to you, I'm smoking." I gritted my teeth and commented, but you stopped for 3 months! I asked her if she smoked while pregnant with Emma, yes. I asked if she did drugs while pregnant with either baby or Emma, no.

After she told me about how DCFS almost took Emma about 6 weeks before we got her she flat out told me she was doing drugs, which is why she left the state.

I'm getting used to her flaky ways, today she flaked out on going to talk to the attorney with us. But at least Brad and I found out how much the adoption is going to cost and what is going to happen. It's different because we are not working with an agency at all.

One of the reason's why I wanted her to come over to our house was to see the environment her children were going to be raised it and such. A side note, Emma is very spoiled by my parents. So as Sam walked into what is now Emma's play room (it will be her bedroom once baby's born) she looked around at everything and said, "I couldn't of done this. There is no way I could of provided for her like this. She has so many things that I couldn't of given her." Back when Sam decided to relinquish that's one of the things she told me, that she can work to get Emma back, but she knew that she would never be able to provide for her as well as Brad and I could.

No comments: