Image Map

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Martian Child

Today I was folding laundry in my room and wanted to watch a movie. I decided on Martian Child. I've seen it, I own it, but I wanted to watch it again.

A little background on us- We have had 3 foster care children, we are currently doing foster care (no current placements unfortunately) and we are looking to adopt. 2 years ago we were doing foster care and having a rough time with our 6-year-old and decided to not do foster care any more. After a little over a year of once again being childless we decided to take the plunge and do it again. We got some not-as-supportive as I had hoped comments from family.

If you have not seen Martian Child then I strongly recommend it. Right now I'd love to send each family member a copy of Martian Child and tell them this is WHY I do foster care. It's not always easy. You are not handed a perfect little baby to raise from birth. Giving up my sweet little 11 month old foster son was one of the hardest things I've ever done. So please don't judge me that I'm not a perfect parent. But I don't judge you on when I see you yell at your kids and I think it's un-called for or when you favor your oldest and I feel bad for your other kids that are NEVER mentioned on conversations.... (sorry, I'm rambling that's what I do best)

- there is also this post from one of my other blogs- click here- I'm really open about it all (obviously). I just recently told Hub's family back in June & got no responses to it.... Sorry that has nothing to do with Martian Child, just trying to explain why we took a break from foster care.

so long blog post short, Watch Martian Child!

No comments: