Image Map

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New Site

While on Facebook I found this new site- http://www.ldsinfertility.org/
I just started looking at it and I LOVE this Support section! http://www.ldsinfertility.org/supporting/

I think mostly because that is what I struggle with. People always seem to say the wrong thing to me. Less then a year ago we moved into a new ward, it is your stereotypical "Newlywed/ Nearly Dead" ward. I was asked by so many people, "Are you newlyweds?" No, we've been married 5 years! "So why don't you have kids?" Even though there are at least 2 other woman in the ward who have struggled with infertility, they were not sensitive about it like my previous ward was.

Is it just me or do you find it annoying when people, especially complete strangers, ask WHY you can't get pregnant. And then tell you, "You should do foster care instead of adopting!" Um, gee thanks!? Even our Bishop questioned us all about our infertility in our "get to know you" interview. No offense Bishop, but I was REALLY uncomfortable with that.

It has been even hard that my sister-in-law and I have the same problem (PCOS). Her's has been a lot more treatable then mine. I've told hubby that if one more family member ask if I'm doing the same thing as E or why I'm NOT doing the same thing she did to get pregnant I will scream! FYI I have done the same thing she did to get pregnant, plus a lot more fertility treatments and still nothing.

No comments: