Image Map

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Beggars Can't Be Choosers!

I get annoyed easily, probably too easily if you ask my husband.

This is one of my favorite scenes in Friends-

- the part I like is at the 6 minute mark-

I was looking at a blog about someone else who has struggled with infertility and is now pregnant. They just found out the sex of the baby and they said they really wanted a boy and wouldn't be as happy with a girl. Um, okay... I have to say I've dreamed about having a girl first, but if a boy comes along I am NOT going to be any less happy with him! I am going to be thrilled to death no matter what the sex of the baby is. Just my opinon! After trying for so long, I don't care if I have all boys and that's saying a lot cuz I love girls, but I'd love my boys just the same!

As Monica says in the clip, my favorite line now. Wow, when this episode aired I was 1 week and 1 day away from getting married and had no idea that I too would be dealing with this!
"That doesn't matter, we have waited so long for this!"

2 comments:

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

One of my biggest struggles is [calmly] sitting within earshot of a whiney pregnant woman. (I usually have to excuse myself.)

I don't know I could be calm at all if I knew she had been struggling with infertility and I heard/read that...

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, a birth of a child into the family is a remarkable, wonderful event, regardless of the child's sex.

The whole idea of gender selection has been a big issue in the adoption community as well. I just read (http://www.creatingafamily.com/index.php?content=Adoption%20fuaq%208#Kaz) where some countries (in this case, Kazakhstan) don't allow that practice anymore.